Do you get delayed when you purchase a Firearm? And then days later you have to go back to the gun shop to pick up your Firearm? If so here’s how to get your UPIN from the FBI to save you the extra trip. We love seeing you in shop but don’t want to keep you from your new purchase and some awesome range time!
Click this link to print up the form from the FBI
Voluntary Appeal File Application -VAF FORM 25
1. Fill this form out completely.
2. Go down to your local PD and get fingerprinted on a card. Check with your local PD. Some PD’s charge for this service and or offer prints by appointment only.
3. Send a copy of your fingerprints and completely filled out and signed form to the FBI.
*NICS Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) Address*
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Criminal Justice Information Services Division
National Instant Criminal Background Check System Section
Voluntary Appeal File
Post Office Box 4278
Clarksburg, WV 26302-4278
How to Buy a Gun in Texas
1) Decide which kind of gun you'd like to purchase. Shotguns and Rifles are easier to
purchase than handguns. Define the purpose for which you want the gun (hunting or
sport shooting) and that will dictate which process you must complete.
2) Go to your local gun store and talk with the arms dealer. The representatives at the gun
store will be able to assist you with your purchase as to which gun is right for you. Once
you have narrowed down your choice, select your gun.
3) Complete the FBI NICS background check, which is required by law. This will alert the people at the store if you have a felony conviction. In Texas, you may possess a firearm on the premises where you live after 5 years have elapsed since your prison or parole term has ended. They use whichever term is later.
4) Buy your gun from the dealer. There is no waiting period in Texas. Once you have passed the FBI NICS background check or have received your CHL (if required) you can walk out of the store that day with your gun. Congratulations, you just learned how to buy a gun in Texas! This spot is great for news, announcements, tips and things. Rotate frequently.
What Our Clients Are Saying
If you're in Leander or Cedar Park area this is a great and professional establishment for any firearm needs. David does exactly what the other reviewers say; he goes out of his way to make sure you are completely satisfied whether or not your buying anything he gives you 100 percent attention. To top it all this guy is extremely knowledgeable! I will certainly not be going anywhere else but to them." ~ E. Benitez
WE WILL BE CLOSED MAY 25th and 26th FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
Did you know that in Texas, No person may shoot a buffalo from a second story window? (Yes, this law is still in the books, a holdover from the Old West days)